Thank you for your patience as we work to navigate administering the COVID-19 Vaccine to the public.
The vaccine is currently very limited and BrickStreet Pharmacy continues to work diligently to administer the vaccine to those individuals who fit into the protocols outlined by State and Federal guidelines. Any updates on the availability of the vaccine will be noted here by following the coordinating links. Currently Not Available or Schedule Your Vaccine
There is no cost to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Those with insurance should bring their prescription insurance and medical insurance information with them in order for the administration fee of the vaccine to be billed to your insurance.
Individuals who have previously had a serious adverse reaction to a vaccine should talk to their physician or medical provider prior to receiving the vaccine.
BrickStreet Pharmacy is administering the Vaccine manufactured by Moderna. It's a two dose series administered 28 days apart.
Appointment scheduling and arriving on time is vitally important to administering your vaccine. The time between compliant storage of the vaccine and administering the vaccine is very time sensitive. If there is any chance that you will be late or will have a potential conflict keeping you from your set appointment - including getting your second dose of the vaccine, please notify the pharmacy promptly to reschedule.
What you need to know
- When registering to receive the vaccine, you will complete an electronic form that includes questions that surround qualifications for receiving the vaccine.
- If you are eligible due to your employment, you will need to bring a company badge or company ID to your appointment.
- Bring your medical and prescription insurance cards, including - Medicare, Medicaid and Medicare Advantage card
- Bring your state issued identification
- If the appointment is for your second dose of the vaccine, please bring your CDC immunization card that you received after your first dose.